At our wedding dinner, we placed little cards on the tables, each with a question about marriage/ the wedding for the guests. Some tongue in cheek, but all great advice, many from people who have been married years and years before.
I thought I’d share my top 10 favorites of two of those questions here:
What should we do during our first year of marriage?
- Have babies!
- LISTEN TO YOUR WIFE always
- Go on as many honeymoons/dates as possible
- Enjoy the time before the kids come!
- Make a list of things that both of you have always wanted and just do it (before you have kids)!
- Keep close tabs of your spending and save for rainy days
- Plan when to have children but do not take too long – young plants flower healthily
- Make each other the priority in your lives
- Sort out the tooth paste problem, hanger, laundry, cooking, washing…so many things to sort out but from my experience, let it be, let go of your expectations…just love each other, close one eye. Enjoy each other’s company before the babies come.
- Don’t sweat over small stuff!
What’s the best marriage advice you’ve ever gotten?
1.Take walks together
2.Never go to bed angry
3. Be quick to say sorry
4. Save water, shower together
5. Before you get married open your eyes wide. After you marry don’t open it too wide!
6. Talk less, listen more to each other (especially when you disagree)
7. Never stop praying for your spouse and your marriage
8. Must surprise your honey every now and then
9. Give and take
10. God first in all.
What about you? Do you have any marriage advice you’ve received, or even learnt in your own lives, that you’d like to share? 🙂